Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Flooded again...

The Klub Frisbee Jakarta / Sanggar Alam Kita POSKO

I was watching a movie on Saturday night and got an sms from Ardy that the floodwaters had risen over a metre again. I was surprised because we'd been having heavy rain for days and it didn't seem to have much of an effect... The rain on Saturday, while heavy, seemed comparatively short. I got some more donations of noodles and Frutang from Tini, notepads from Trish, clothes from Arlan and a huge box of clothes from Barb so I figured I should probably head out and check it out while bringing out the donations.

Here's some video footage I took while I was out there.


TNI helping out


Back to the school


More school footage


Computer room at the school


Interview with Pak Eddy


Practical uses for floodwaters...


The kids were trying to convince me to sit on a piece of styrofoam and have a tour of the flooded area...


I felt a little bad having so many people pushing me around, but they didn't seem to mind the water at all... When Uji started spraying it out of his mouth I began to get a little worried though...


The Klub Frisbee Jakarta / Sanggar Alam Kita clubhouse which is actually housing a lot of the displaced kids and their families at the moment. It flooded on Saturday night, but the water receded again soon enough.


An interview with Calo, Aming's older brother. Every time I have visited I have seen Calo breaking his back to help people; whether it be going out in a rubber boat to rescue families, shoveling out mud or manning a hose.


Dropping by RT 12 behind the mosque.


Some more footage of RT 12.


They claimed that the water that they were using to bathe and wash their clothes was from the river... I hope that they were wrong, or at least that it was filtered in some way. It did look cleaner.


Going home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home